More saddle making info?

Discussion about New Pedersens - including Copenhagen, Kemper, Cheltenham, Sutton etc
patavenier

More saddle making info?

Postby patavenier » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello to all from Northern California.
I am in need of a proper saddles to finish two recently built Pedersen frames. There seem to be leather ones available but the cost is prohibitive. Suspending a regular seat seems to work for some but does not look quite right.
Ideally I would weave them as the originals but find the article on this site lacking in detail. Has anyone made their own version or can you point me in the proper direction? Making any required metal parts is not a problem, it's the macrame part that has me stumped.

Hammock

Re: More saddle making info?

Postby Hammock » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Welcome to the forum. I think Doug Pinkerton makes hammock saddles to the original design, and advertises in the V-CC publications (see http://www.v-cc.org.uk ). These are his contact details from the V-CC Handbook:
Doug Pinkerton
Pinkerton Cycle Restorations
Widney House Ind, Park
Bromsgrove Road
Reddich, B97 4SP.
United Kingdom.
Tel: 07778 429 313 (work).

My 1912 saddle is still in very good condition, and I hope it stays that way. Weaving a replacement will lead to certain madness I'm sure!

Good luck!
- Brian.

reelpeddler84

Re: More saddle making info?

Postby reelpeddler84 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am

See pic of mine , It takes me a day to weave one .as long you have the cantle for it or arch called . I am the US Tuson AZ . clarasbo@hotmail.com thanks .

Return to “New Pedersens”