Cheltenham Pedersen on Ebay

Post information about any Pedersens for sale here.
innerstaytes

Cheltenham Pedersen on Ebay

Postby innerstaytes » Sat May 31, 2014 12:39 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... escription

This is a Cheltenham Pedersen - frame number 47 12 85 (production number 47 of 180, December 1985).
Therefore it's made with Reynolds 531 (like all Cheltenhams) and for me of superior build quality to the Copenhagens (and rarer). And having recently ridden a Kemper I'd say they are better than those too!
It is still a bit overpriced at £950 (down from £1100 when originally posted a week ago). An unrestored, admittedly shabby Cheltenham sold for around £400 on ebay last year. However, Cheltenhams don't come up often.
There is an interesting note on ebay by a previous owner of the bicycle.
Collection only from Derbyshire

Pedersen
Site Admin

Re: Cheltenham Pedersen on Ebay

Postby Pedersen » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks for mentioning this sale. Yes undoubtedly a Cheltenham frame - but a great shame the distinctive hand-made leather saddle has been replaced!

I still own three Cheltenham frames, but disagree about the Kempers not quite reaching the high standard of the Cheltenhams. Some of Mikael Kemper's early Pedersen frames I saw on 'Pedersentreffen' rides in Bavaria 15-20 years ago were highly engineered works of art!

innerstaytes

Postby innerstaytes » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello Pedersen. You are very lucky to have three Cheltenham frames - do you want to sell one??!

I have always admired Kempers from afar (not being able to afford one) and agree they are beautifully made. However, the one I rode recently had the seatstays brazed to the rear brake bridge which made for rather a hard ride and seemed to negate the effect of the tensioning cables from the seat to the rear ends. This seemed a bit odd to me. However, I agree the rest of the bike was superb (nickel plated).

Pedersen
Site Admin

Postby Pedersen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 am

Three frames, yes, but I didn't mention two have been pretty well worn out after heavy modification for club riding and time-trialling!

The photo below shows my Harrods display model after the 100 km HONC, or Hell of the North Cotswolds, approx 1990! I'll take photos of the frames as they are now and post here in a couple of days.
Attachments
image.jpg
Cheltenham Pedersen frame after muddy 100 km event. Photo: Brian Donnan
image.jpg (130.92 KiB) Viewed 6442 times

Pedersen
Site Admin

Postby Pedersen » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:10 pm

OK...here are my three Cheltenham frames - after a very hard life on the road!

The blue and the green frames are both heavily modified with extra brazing and some extra reinforcement on the forks around the new handlebar position. The reinforcement was for strength and did not have to look pretty!

The bottom frame is a slightly smaller size, and was in average condition when bought in the 1990s... but has suffered a bit in my Spanish chicken house!! A visit to http://www.argoscycles.com will soon sort it out though, and they are quite used to spraying Pedersen frames (including the two above). Not sure about the saddle though!
3-chelt-frames.jpg
Three old Cheltenham Pedersen frames. Photos: Brian Donnan
3-chelt-frames.jpg (284.73 KiB) Viewed 6437 times

Return to “Pedersens For Sale”