I built my own Pedersens...

Tell us about your Pedersen. Age, maker, colour, special features? Tell the world how lucky you are!
Pedersen
Site Admin

I built my own Pedersens...

Postby Pedersen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:49 am

gaz-ped.jpg
gaz-ped.jpg (210.73 KiB) Viewed 10273 times

Hello Brian, I thought you might be interested to learn that yet another soul has been, enthralled by the visual beauty of the pedersen and I was lucky enough to secure a second hand Cheltenham pedersen some 8 months ago and since then there has been no other bike i wish to be seen on.

So engaged was i that i thought that my girlfriend should also have the pleasure of riding one (not being in a position to purchase a lovely but expensive Kemper) i duly took hacksaw to a sad and forgotten old townsend bicycle and made her one! the result was pleasing bearing in mind the thing was built in the kitchen on a cardboard box as my only jig! many lessons were learnt and many mistakes made, but this was only the beginning you only truly begin to understand the nature of these bikes when you make one, it takes over all your thought processes, i needed to make one for me!! i wanted discbrakes, i wanted to create a fusion of old and new ......

i needed a proper jig!! bits and pieces were sourced off ebay cromoly tube sourced, silver solder bought and working for aston martin as i did leather hide borrowed to make the saddle .... i thought you may like to see the finished article. The age of the pedersen is i believe far from over it has the power to engage with every new generation. Good to see a new man at the helm of the pedersen web page good luck!

Regards Gaz

[This post is based on an email sent to dursley-pedersen.net before the creation of the new Forum].

Pedersen
Site Admin

Re: Home built Pedersens...

Postby Pedersen » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for the picture and great description. The d-p.net site is being completely re-built this year - to make it easier to add new sections and new info as and when needed. There is a new 'My Pedersen' area in the new Forum, so I have added your building project there!

Your Aston Martin leather reminded me of the large piece of light blue luxury leather I blagged from some Rolls Royce people who were demonstrating their traditional craftsmanship at a RR showroom (I was their photographer, not a customer)! I used it on my Cheltenham saddle for many years!

Yrs on a hammock,
- Brian.

[This post is based on an email sent to dursley-pedersen.net before the creation of the new Forum].

uncletam

Re: I built my own Pedersens...

Postby uncletam » Sun May 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello all I am newbie and thinking of building a Pedersen bicycle! Where would i get hold of plans for a home build and where can i get hold of the tubing? 12mm by 1.5mm wall thickness is that right? This is a great forum looing forward to having a wee project to tinker with. Oh imbased in Perth Scotland if there are any members nearby. Many thanks.

Pedersen
Site Admin

Re: I built my own Pedersens...

Postby Pedersen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 am

Have you seen this post by patavenier?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25

patavenier supplied some very detailed photos of his jigs and frame building, and these will be published on the site here soon.

I am not a frame builder myself, but think you should be prepared to build TWO frames as you start your project. The second frame will be perfect after you make all your small mistakes on the first!

Return to “"My Pedersen"”