1982 Copenhagen Pedersen

Tell us about your Pedersen. Age, maker, colour, special features? Tell the world how lucky you are!
dursleydelight

1982 Copenhagen Pedersen

Postby dursleydelight » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

I thought it was about time I told the world about my Pedersen, which I've owned since around 1983. I bought it at the Bristol Bicycle Show. A local bike shop had it on display as an attention grabber, and I begged them to sell it to me after the show. I had never seen one before and I was desperate to add it to my collection of out of the ordinary bikes. It has since become my firm favourite, especially as the years have progressed and aches and pains have set in after years of riding conventional bikes. If you have any problems with neck or back, get a Pedersen!

Dursley.jpg
Dursley.jpg (167.27 KiB) Viewed 15627 times

It took me a long time to find out exactly what I had, as it has no head badge. It wasn't until I read David Evans' excellent "Mr Pedersen, a man of genius" that I discovered that my frame number (CC 473 V) means that I have a Copenhagen Pedersen built in 1982.

I've recently carried out a total rebuild as everything was starting to get a bit tired (including me!) I can't believe the amount of interest it now attracts. It's strange, but when I first had it, I got shouts of 'Weirdo' and worse, whereas now, every time I stop I get admiring comments and lots of questions. It's taking a very long time, but perhaps the world is at last beginning to understand the genius of Mr Pedersen?

Return to “"My Pedersen"”